- Responsible for overseeing and participating in the daily warehouse operations which include the loading and unloading of containers and trucks in a safe & timely manner, picking and packing of stock as per each client’s instructions, dispatch, receipt of incoming goods and the movement of stock within the different warehouse locations.
- Task warehouse team and participate with picking, shipping, replenishing, and special projects.
- Develop and sustain process documentation and performance metrics.
- Responsible for daily, monthly and yearly inventory counts.
- Research shipping and receiving discrepancies, conduct weekly counts.
- Ensures the preventative maintenance of the forklifts by following a start-up procedure, which requires oil, water etc to be checked regularly are carried out.
- Communicate with direct Manager any faults or damage of equipment or stock as soon as it is noticed.
- Responsible for overseeing housekeeping and grounds maintenance for warehouse premises.
- Arrange from movement of freight to consignee/agent and keep up to date records.
- Lead the team to deliver quality and results.
- Troubleshoot software and warehouse management system issues for quick resolution
- Plan and schedule warehouse shifts to deliver business results.
- Lead and participate with the shipment, receiving and unloading of containers.
- Carry out duties as instructed by the direct Manager.
- Ability to manage and lead the team to deliver quality and results.
- Accurately pick, pack and dispatch orders as requested by the client.
- Accept incoming stock and report any discrepancies in paperwork or damage to stock promptly.
- Effectively managing the vehicles and grounds maintenance program.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
- Provides occasional technical guidance
Knowledge and skills
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Self-motivated and independendent but can work collaboratively and respectfully
- Results oriented
- 4 years experience in leading warehouse distribution
- Computer savvy
Working conditions/Physical effort
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift 50 pounds