509, an exciting and rapidly growing outdoor brand is looking to add a highly driven Technology & Innovation Director to the team! With a emphasis on systems technology and innovation, the Director is responsible for execution of our global strategy. Focusing on consumer-centric emerging technology and processes, the Director will drive cross-functional project management and leadership. Expert level project management and a focus on developing efficient processes is a must. This includes IT systems management (servers, computers, VOIP, networking) and emerging business and consumer technology and software management. The Director is a solution oriented, hands-on, highly-driven individual with a strong technical foundation ranging across IT, systems, on premise and cloud software. With a hunger for latest technology in the digital space, the Director is on the forefront of driving exponential growth and expansion through innovation implementation across our internal IT systems, digital brand and ecommerce properties. This position requires a wide-reaching technical foundation, strong project management, attention to detail, and a pulse on the always changing technology landscape.
- Critical leadership role in designing and executing high-impact company-wide technology-based initiatives with emphasis on growth driving internal IT and cloud-based digital platforms
- Expert project management to lead iterative delivery of strategic cross-functional initiatives from concept to completion, through focus, transparency, communication, visibility, and accountability by managing internal and 3rd party teams
- Create and maintain project schedules, budgets and communicate status and risks cross-functionally to key stakeholders
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress at all times. Identify communication gaps, manage issue escalations and provide support to team members balancing competing priorities. Drive results proactively.
- Help manage the cross-functional strategic technology planning & process, leading conversations with key stakeholders to develop concepts for strategic initiatives, and developing those into detailed program / project plans (including roadmaps, funding planning, resource planning and hiring goals).
- Strong collaboration and communication with internal business units (marketing, finance, sales, development) and 3rd party vendors, bridging development processes, approaches, and cultures.
- Full ownership and responsibility for systems technology budget
- Advanced Excel experience including VB scripting
- Proven experience data oriented decision making as well as data management, quality & organization
- Strong experience with the Microsoft Office 365 platform
- Significant IT systems management experience
- Network & server design and management experience
- Process design and implementation of internal data management processes including execution and building of excel data files
- Excellent communicator with effective systems training for internal employees
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years in IT or technical management role
- 3+ years advanced technology-based project management experience
- Proven experience building out large-scale project plans with complex dependencies and effective resource management.
- Strong communication skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders, including effective status tracking, issue escalation, and executive reporting to all levels within the organization.
- Strong time management, prioritization, problem-solving, decision making, influencing, and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven record of creating new successful processes and improving existing ones.
- A plus if you have experience in Product Development, Finance, or Marketing.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and cross functional peers to support deadlines
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently
- Meeting project deadlines within budget
- Highly organized and good with Time management
- Creative problem solving
- Ability to bring a concept to market
- Innovative thinking
Working Conditions/Physical Effort
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.