This role resides at the intersection of business and technology, providing value by delivering technology-enabled solutions to business needs. Successful candidates are strategic thinkers with a relentless drive for results. This person leads direct reports, shared resources, and external contractors in providing IS enablers while servicing the needs of a 24×7 global enterprise. This exciting role requires global partnership skills, business/technical acumen, team management & leadership, and the ability to effectively deploy solutions.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Partner with Executive Leadership at Brand business units to understand business strategies and associated IS enablers.
- Identify platform-based solutions to improve the efficiency, profitability, or effectiveness of the entity.
- Define and contribute to an enterprise IS strategy over a multiple year planning horizon which articulates the technology portfolios, processes, and people required to deliver solutions for business needs as well as meet global IS standards.
- Maintains awareness and provides direction to brand business units for improved utilization of systems, technologies, and the application of Polaris IS enablers.
- Responsible to determine capital investment criteria for multi-brand portfolio investments with maximized ROI
- Build strong relationships with business groups and their leaders across the enterprise, and develop a clear understanding of their issues, challenges, and opportunities.
- Serve as the entity leader for the Information Services department. Understand and represent entity needs within the scope of the global IS department. Align the entity IS team to company, department, and location goals and objectives.
- Navigates a matrix organization to arrive at solutions suitable for multiple stakeholders and teammates.
- Partner with global IS leadership team to provide the needed services to the entity. Ensure the capabilities and capacity of the worldwide IS organization are leveraged within the entity.
- Leads the creation of decision-making tools and delivery of decision-making information including BI reporting, coding/scripting/customization projects to enhance platforms.
- Prepare and monitor IT operational budgets that meet prevailing objectives and constraints.
- Manage & develop the entity IS team, including employees and consulting resources distributed across multiple countries. Recruit and staff IS professionals that enable entity business needs, integrate, and provide support to the broader global IS organization.
- Drive and foster integration between the entity IS team and the global corporate IS organization.
- Promote a “business-first” mentality at all levels of the technology function.
- Ensure that the organization has strong systems analysis and project management skills, and the ability to execute business-critical projects.
- Develop and maintain a plan providing succession and continuity in the most critical IT management positions.
- Direct the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the computing infrastructure that supports the company’s operations and business applications.
- Support the core business through technology capabilities that maximize performance, scale, reliability, and flexibility. Teams with globally distributed Information Services resources to deliver solutions suitable for scalable and Global organization.
- Ensure visible and robust delivery of IT services through use of service level agreements, metrics, and performance dashboards.
- Lead the company’s cyber security efforts to safeguard assets and interests and oversee the integrity and security of systems.
- Develop and implement protocols to minimize disruption to 24/7 business operations in the event of disasters or data loss, and facilitate IT security audits, training, and investigations. Ensure that subsidiaries have adequate support and monitoring services.
- Establish and enforce IT policies, processes, portfolio management, development standards and methodologies, including but not limited to DevOps and Agile.
- Accountable for identifying, selecting, and managing the performance of external IT service providers.
- Drives continuous improvement to IS processes, technologies, applications, and infrastructure.
Skills and Knowledge
- MBA or graduate degree preferred. Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
- Previous experience in a CIO or equivalent position is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of IS management experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. English required.
- Experience within a global IS organization and proven effectiveness within a matrix organization required.
- Talent management and leading direct reports at multiple locations, providing guidance and development.
- Breadth of information services domain experience and understanding, including application development; client/device; server; database; network & telecommunications; collaboration; security.
- Proficiency with large scale project management and proven ability to implement within schedule, cost, and quality requirements.
- Experienced with implementing and supporting software packages (CAD, PLM, CRM, ERP, WMS, SCM) as well as custom software development. Experience with Netsuite ERP, Centric PLM, Highjump WMS, Shopify & SCA desirable.
- Java coding experience highly desired.
- Skilled at building and fostering relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience within Apparel and or B2B/ B2C business desired
- Dynamic fast-paced team environment
- Minimal travel required 10-15%