The Seasonal Class A Truck Driver works closely with the Global Sales Director & events team to safely transport a Class A tractor/trailer to various trade show events around North America and Canada. The successful driver must have extensive long haul trucking experience, possess a Class A CDL, be able to pass drug/physical screening, possess a valid passport and be able to travel into Canada. For more information about 509, please visit www.RIDE509.com and this short video 509 produced.
Duties and responsibilities
- Transport merchandise and event booth supplies to various trade shows around North America.
- Responsible for all vehicle and load inspections, safety & mechanical issues, and preventative maintenance
- Must be aware of and adhere to all local, state, and Federal regulations including size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods. As well as company policies and procedures
- Plan routes and meet delivery deadlines
- Document and log all work/rest periods, miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipt pursuant to all IFTA and related requirements
- Maneuver truck into loading or unloading areas including inside trade show venues
- Report defects, accidents, or violations
- Bi-Weekly salary & monthly food stipend provided
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Able to start early September and drive consistently through the end of November
- Able to be on the road constantly for weeks/months without returning home
- Proven work experience as a long haul truck driver
- Class A hauling experience in both urban and rural environments
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment & software (GPS, CB, etc)
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather, etc)
- Possess a valid Class A CDL
- Possess a valid passport
- Able to haul into Canada with no criminal or other history to prevent a successful border crossing
- Willing to submit background/drug checks and provide employment references
Responsibilities require consistent national and international travel. Must be able to drive long periods consistently. Able to assist in unloading of the trailer and work hours allow.
- Adhering to all regulations and company policies
- Remain accident and violation free
- Meet all delivery deadlines
- Maintain all required log books and receipt tracking