509, INC is a leading brand in the outdoor, action sports, and motorsports industries. A small 30 person, yet rapidly growing company sold across 1,000 independent retailers worldwide. We are seeking to fill the position of Hardparts Product Designer. Reporting to Global Product Development leader, this Designer will collaborate and participate in the design and direction of our overall product line as well as related graphic and print design. S/he will have significant creative influence in designing a wide range of products from helmets, goggles, and accessories. Being a small, yet rapidly growing company, 509 is seeking a talented and highly motivated Designer that possesses the creative forward thinking of a successful Designer. Products designed by this position will be widely seen and distributed worldwide, including the USA, Canada, Europe, Japan, Russia, and more.
- Build from a design brief, and brand direction that targets key consumer
- Create & design concept boards to communicate seasonal direction and design theme to a product or product line.
- Create new products, concepts, and innovations using industry trends, competition, and 509 past designs as inspiration.
- Create technical drawings and sketches and detail drawings of Mechanical components, Materials, trims, plastics and related product construction for factory development.
- Work with factory to understand materials, and technology development to implement in designs
- Product development and design experience in the Hard parts or other industries
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Solidworks
- Purpose built design approach, with innovation, and solving customer problems
- Excellent collaborative design skills in a team environment
- Excellent written & presentation skills
- Maintain and gather an in depth understanding of the customer
- Work with suppliers to understand production constraints, and opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design
- 5+ years of Experience in Hard parts and industrial design
- Illustrator, Solid Works, and other 3-D Cad experience essential
- Manufacturing and Construction methods of injection molded, machining, and electronics parts essential.
- Hand sculpting, prototyping a plus
- Knowledge and experience in Action sports or Outdoor sports