Under the direction of the Senior Designer/art director the Graphic Designer will execute visual communications projects including print and digital channels. This position requires exceptional creativity while working under tight project deadlines. It also includes working in a highly collaborative team environment to help build and support the 509 brand.
- Executes jobs assigned by the Product Development manager, and takes direction from Senior Designer/Art Director and executes jobs as needed for other departments within 509.
- Design final artwork and manage project for a variety of print media applications
- Design final artwork and manage project for a variety of digital media applications
- Print and digital projects may include but are not limited to: packaging design, catalog design, ad design, merchandising and POP design, digital ads, social media ads and postings, dealer support materials, photo manipulation/editing, office forms, digital emails, etc.
- Illustration and motion graphics background a plus.
- Graphic design on product as needed, graphic tees, hats, and casual apparel.
- Occasional studio photography and videography support
- Adhere to 509 brand and graphic standards, and help build and refine 509 brand ID.
- Demonstrate experience for various aspects of Graphic design, including typography, composition, use of negative space, hierarchical information organization, understanding of best design practices in marketing materials.
- All other assignments made by the Art Director.
Advanced knowledge and skills using Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, After Effects. Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. The ability to meet deadlines. Minimum of 1-2 years experience in graphic design/illustration/motion graphics/print and digital production (school experience can count for this). Bachelor’s Degree in Art or Graphic Design. Can be newly graduated student with a competitive portfolio and evidence of being able to perform job duties as outlined.
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice. Sitting for long periods of time, repetitive wrist and hand movements on keyboard. Close vision for computer work.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most of the job will be in office conditions, working in team environment. As a small company 509 does require All staff to occasional help in other areas including Movie Premiere, Consumer events, Sales meeting events, and busy times in the warehouse. Lifting boxes, moving boxes, and picking in the warehouse may be required.
Delivering a quality product, with no to minimal errors, is required. Our print catalogs are used by our sales team to communicate details of product, business programs, and expectations of sales staff, as well as to the consumers. Every one wants reliable information.
Delivering on time. Managing the project, asking for deliverables from others that help this position succeed, and delivering to a timeline.
Managing cost, and focus on Lowest Total cost to get projects complete.
Maintaining great morale with the team and communicating plans/deliverables.