With our rapid global growth, we are looking to add a highly driven Global Sales Director to the team! With an emphasis on customer relationships, the Director is responsible for the design and execution of our global multi-industry, multi-channel strategy. The Director will be responsible for creating and executing a global sales strategy across our B2B and B2C channels for the entire powersports market (snowmobile, motorcycle, offroad). This includes managing our network of thousands of B2B customers, leading our internal and external sales teams, and closely coordinating with our adjacent product and marketing teams on brand and consumer strategies.
- Actively lead global sales team, including both internal and external independent reps, to develop in their career paths and achieve goals.
- Leading by example, empowering the sales team to be true “owners” in the business
- Architect and execute global, multi-channel sales strategy with an emphasis on account relationships and growth
- Lead aggressive company launches into adjacent markets and product categories
- Develop growth oriented, and profit driving seasonal sales programs
- Working with Finance, design and implement margin expansion opportunities
- Manage and grow strong relationships with key wholesale accounts
- Working with Finance, create annual sales dept budgets and hold full sales budget ownership
- Establish aggressive sales goals and forecasts and continually lead the execution to over deliver
- Lead multiple in-person and digital sales and strategy summits
- Must have strong experience and understanding of complex multi-channel (wholesale and D2C) strategy and be able to execute to provide exceptional brand sales experiences for all customers, in all channels.
- Must have a strong analytical mindset and always use a data driven approach
- Frequently travel with reps to key accounts and attend industry events and trade shows
- Ensure go-to-market plans are successfully execute in both physical and digital channels
- Actively collaborate with leadership team on overall company vision and strategy
- Work with Product Team to help guide line and assortment planning and product ideation
- Work with Purchasing Team to inform purchasing decisions to support sales strategies
- Work closely with Marketing Team to collaborate on brand and go-to-market strategies and ensure brand vision is consistently communicated to entire sales team
- Continually study and gain an expert level, technical understanding of our entire product assortment
- Actively research internal and adjacent industries and competitors to gain competitive insights
- Create and maintain schedules, budgets and communicate status and risks cross-functionally to key stakeholders
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress at all times. Identify communication gaps, manage issue escalations and provide support to team members balancing competing priorities. Drive results proactively.
- Strong collaboration and communication with internal business units (marketing, finance, IT, product) and 3rd party vendors, bridging development processes, approaches, and cultures.
- Drive aggressive, yet sustainable long term growth
- Advanced Excel, BI, Netsuite ERP, sales portal and analytical experience
- Strong experience with the Microsoft Office 365 platform
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be highly detail-oriented and organized
- Must be energized and motivated in the face of challenge
- Able to wear multiple hats and strategically prioritize workload
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of successful sales leadership
- National & international sales experience in the outdoor industry experience preferred
- Proven track record of managing high-performance teams that exceed performance expectations
- Experience building out large-scale sales strategies with complex dependencies and effective resource management.
- Strong communication and mentorship skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, problem-solving, decision making, influencing, and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven record of creating new successful processes and improving existing ones
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and cross functional peers to support deadlines
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently
- Driving aggressive, yet sustainable revenue growth
- Expanding gross margin
- Actively mentoring and building team career development
- Successfully leading alignment between wholesale and D2C channels
- Leading sales strategy into new adjacent markets
- Designing innovative and growth oriented sales programs
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.