Cities? The concrete jungle? Meh…Mother Nature, the outdoors, that’s what fuels your passion. Just as you strive for adventure in your personal life, you do the same in your career. To you, adventure is about sharing an experience and making a connection with others.
If you have a passion for the outdoors, adventures, and connecting with people, 509 has the perfect career for you! At 509, we inspire and fuel our customer’s passion for their next outdoor adventure. We inspire by challenging norms, thinking differently, and designing highly technical and visually amazing products. We are a team of outdoor adventurers and make the industries best snow, off-road and motorcycle gear.
With our rapid global growth, we are looking to add a highly driven, entrepreneurial, customer obsessed retail Experience Lab Manager to the team! What is an Experience Lab? The Xlab is an innovative new brand experience concept store located in Spokane. The goal of the Xlab is to deliver inspiring brand experiences through engaging storytelling of adventure and human connection inside our 2k square foot retail space. Click here to explore the XLAB!
With Covid restrictions, the Xlab is slated to open publicly in 2021, in the meantime, we are taking the experience digital and reaching a global audience: https://bit.ly/35d6aFU
With a digital retail experience focus, the Experience Lab Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the retail experience operations, including: the strategy, virtual retail experiences, virtual retail technology, development of the retail staff, and execution of the Experience Lab to achieve results today and tomorrow. This includes managing schedules, inventory, testing creative brand experiences, and digital events in the retail space.
- Lead the overall execution of the Experience Lab considering the company vision, mission, and cultural virtues; uphold the culture by incorporating key principles into the evolved world of retail
- Collaborate with the business to further develop and implement the overall store experience and platform strategy being a proactive leader in the execution of a virtual event experiences followed by the 2021 physical opening of the store space.
- Create long-term product/technical vision and strategy for Experience Lab virtual experiences, including: the definition of technical requirements, content requirements, and collaborating with adjacent teams to bring the experiences to life.
- Act as a retail experience owner advocating for the development of a customer connection focused approach, managing virtual events, store development, and hold team and self-accountable for retail performance.
- Monitor day-to-day operations, identify challenges, bottlenecks, and suggest creative solutions to the leadership team.
- Evangelize and liaise with Sales, Marketing, and Product teams on retail experience guidelines and best practices. Work with these cross-functional teams on go-to-market strategy and approach.
- Set up key virtual and physical store KPIs, prepare and present reports said KPIs to business and advise on iterations to strategy, product feedback, and decision making.
- Responsible for receiving inventory related to Experience Lab physical retail and following Inventory procedures, carrying out unloading of products, inspecting, and inventory receiving.
- Develop and implement standards and guidelines for customer interactions, employee development, and employee Lab training.
- On the Experience Lab floor full time leading by example; you are accountable for all areas of the guest experience.
- Responsible for all product/inventory management within the Experience Lab space, including creating an effective product testing strategy, executing product walkthroughs, and overseeing visual merchandising and sell-through.
- Lead a profitable store by achieving your sales plan; you utilize company tools to strategically plan sales targets and store hours; you accurately track labor hours and expenses, and review budget statements to ensure accuracy.
Knowledge & Skills
The ideal candidate is a bold, multi-faceted and innovative digital leader with a strong background in content, technology, operations, systems and tools integrations, and analytics. An individual has a positive, team-focused attitude toward digital marketing, technology, and physical retail.
- Thrives in a technical marketing environment and has a passion for making the world more open and connected.
- You have a passion for customer service and delivering an experience worth sharing to customers
- You integrate fun into your daily (aka you don’t take yourself too seriously)
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- You communicate with honesty and transparency, and encourage direct conversations
- You lead with courage, taking intelligent risks and embrace our failures
- You foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships
- Must be highly detail-oriented and organized
- Must be energized and motivated in the face of challenge
- Able to wear multiple hats and strategically prioritize workload
- Strong computer experience with the emphasis on Microsoft Office 365 platform and Excel
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently
- Delivering innovative digital and physical brand experiences
- Hitting key Xlab sales and customer satisfaction KPIs
- Maintaining accurate inventory levels
- Cross departmental collaboration with marketing, sales, customer service, and product teams
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.